Ans: A. Lines
The image shown is of a Finger print.
Identification of an Individual in Forensic Science
- It is the study of epidermal ridges and their configurations.
- Finger prints are present from birth both on epidermis and dermis, remain constant through out life and can’t be altered without destroying true skin.
- Ridge pattern of fingerprints appears as early as 12 weeks of IUL and is completed by 24 weeks.
- Locard’s principle of exchange
- When 2 objects come in contact with each other, there will be always a mutual transference of material from each other.
Fingerprint / Dactylography / Dermatoglyphics :
- Dactylography is the process of taking impressions of the pulp of fingers and thumbs on an unglazed white paper and examining them with a magnifying lens.
- Loops (67% most common) > whorls (25%) > arches (7%) > composite (2% least common) are four main types of pattern.
- Fingerprints deliberately collected from a subject, whether for purposes of enrollment in a system or when under arrest for a suspected criminal offense.
- It means any chance or accidental impression on a surface, regardless of whether it is visible or invisible at the time of deposition.
- Latent Prints are Detected by: Radioactive sulfur dioxide,Sudan black.Osmium tetraoxide,Electronography.
- A finger or palm impression deposited in a material that retains the shape of the ridge detail.
- Example: Soft matrrials like wax, soap, clay, etc.
Visible print :
- impression on blood, paint, dust, dye which can be recorded by photography.