The condition shown in the picture below is seen in ?
B. Fifth disease.
C. Scarlet fever.
Erythema infectiosum also known as fifth disease is caused by Parvo Virus (B-19).
- Most common clinical manifestation of human parvovirus infection.
- Most common complication is arthritis
- Incubation period is 4 to 14 days.
- Prodromal illness is minimal
Characteristics skin lesions appear in 3 stages :
- 1st phase → Cheeks are erythematous giving appearnce of slapped cheeks.
- 2nd phase → Itching erythematous maculopapular rash on extensor surface (Palms and soles spared).
- 3rd phase → Rash begins to fade and disappears in about 2 weeks.