Rate of involution of an organ shown in the picture below is ?
A. 0.75 cm per day.
B. 1 cm per day.
C. 1.25 cm per day.
D. 1.5 cm per day.
Organ shown in the picture above represents uterus.
During the first 24 hours after delivery, the level of the uterus remains constant; thereafter there is a steady decrease in height by 1.25 cm (half inch) in 24 hours, so that by the end of 2^d week, the uterus becomes a pelvic organ
- Puerperium period: 6 weeks after delivery
- Involution of uterus is complete by: 6 weeks
- Uterus becomes a pelvic organ: 2 weeks after the delivery
- MC cause of puerperal infection: Streptococcus
- MC route of puerperal infection: Direct spread.