A. Cardiac Tamponade
B. Flail chest
C. Foreign Body
D. Head injury
Ans:A. Cardiac Tamponade.
- The image shown is of a Tracheostomy Tube.
- Cardiac tamponade is not an indication for tracheostomy.
INDICATIONS OF TRACHEOSTOMY
- To relieve upper airway obstruction
- Foreign body Larynx
- Acute infection – acute epiglottitis, diphtheria,Tetanus
- Glottic oedema,Tracheal Stenosis.
- Bilateral abductor paralysis of the vocal cords
- Tumours of the larynx
- Congenital web or atresia
- New born with a goiter large enough to cause dyspnoea
To improve respiratory function
- Fulminating bronchopneumonia
- Chronic bronchitis and emphysema
- Chest injury and flail chest
- Respiratory paralysis
- Unconscious head injury
- Bulbar poliomyelitis