D. New Delhi
Ans B. :Newyork.
The Symbol shown in the image is of UNICEF.
Organizations promoting health globally
- International health organizations are generally divided into three groups:
- multilateral organizations, bilateral organizations, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- World Health Organization(WHO)
- It was established shortly after World War II to unite countries in the common goals of tackling disease and achieving better health globally.
- Headquarter is in Geneva, Switzerland.
- It plays a critical role in shaping global health policy. The World Bank strives to alleviate poverty by providing loans, credits, and grants to poor counties to implement various development projects in areas such as education, healthcare, agriculture, environmental and natural resource management, infrastructure, and other relevant projects.
- Headquarter is in Washington DC, USA.
United Nations Children’s Fund
- The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is a critical player in child health
- initiatives.UNICEF strives to address major health concerns such as HIV and AIDS, maternal and child nutrition, excessive maternal mortality, increasing vaccination rates, among other areas of importance such as gender equality, and child survival and development.
- Headquarter is in Newyork,USA.
- United States Agency for International Development(USAID)
- It is the lead U.S. government agency that strives to end extreme global poverty while assisting resilient, democratic societies to realize their potential.USAID provides funding for and supports global health initiatives in areas such as emerging pandemic threats, family planning, HIV and AIDS, health systems strengthening, malaria, maternal and child health, neglected tropical diseases, nutrition, and tuberculosis (TB).
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.The organization is responsible for implementing public health initiatives in the U.S., and also leverages its resources to advance global health initiatives.
- Doctors Without Borders/Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Doctors Without Borders/Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an organization that strives to help people worldwide where the need is greatest. It is responsible for delivering emergency medical aid to people impacted by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or lack access to care.
- CARE International
- CARE International is a humanitarian organization with a mission to fight global poverty. The organization places special emphasis on working with and empowering women as a way to help whole families and communities escape poverty.