A patient presented with worsening exercise tolerance ,chronic uncontrolled hypertension and rapid onset of shortness of breath.Chest X ray shows the following features.
What can be the most probable diagnosis?(right image shows a detailed view of right lower lobe)
A. Heart Failure.
C. Lung Collapse.
Ans:A. Heart Failure.
Chest X ray in the image shows:
Signs of heart failure
- Cardiomegaly CTR (Chest Thoracic ratio) (>50%)
- Upper zone vessel enlargement – a sign of pulmonary venous hypertension(marked by yellow lines)
- Septal (Kerley B) lines – a sign of interstitial oedema – see next picture
- Airspace shadowing – due to alveolar oedema – acutely in a peri-hilar (bat’s wing) distribution(marked by blue lines)
- Blunt costophrenic angles – due to pleural effusions
Probable Diagnosis is Left Ventricular Failure with Pulmonary Edema.