Urine samples of a patient shown in the image is most likely suffering from:
A. Minimal change disease.
B. Chronic renal failure.
C. IgA Nephropathy.
D. Nephritic syndrome.
Ans:C. lgA Nephropathy
Samples shown: Gross and microscopic hematuria
IgA nephropathy(Berger Disease)
- Most common primary glomerular disease in the world
- Secondary – hepatic cirrhosis, celiac disease, and infections- HIV and cytomegalovirus
- Males, 2nd or 3rd decade
- It is characterized by predominant IgA deposition in the glomerular mesangium
- Two common presentations of patients with IgA nephropathy are episodic gross hematuria and persistent microscopic hematuria.
- Recurrent macroscopic hematuria, usually associated with an upper respiratory tract infection, or, less often, gastroenteritis is the most frequent clinical presentation and is observed in 40-50% of presenting patients.