A patient presented with the following skin condition over the face after pregnancy.Which of the following can be given as a treatment in this case?
A. Topical hydroquinone.
D. All of the above.
Ans:D.)All of the above.
The patient is suffering from Melasma.
- Dark areas appear symmetrically across the cheeks, around the eyes and over the forehead, giving a mask-
- It is much more common in women
- Seen more often in people with dark skin
- The majority of cases appear related to pregnancy or oral contraceptives
- High expression of α-MSH in the lesional keratinocytes plays an important role in the melanisation of skin
- Topical hydroquinone (2% to 4%) with retinoids and or steroids is the usual treatment