B. Seen in Diabetes mellitus
C. Circumcision is the treatment
D. Gangrene of the glans
Ans:B. Seen in Diabetes mellitus
Paraphimosis is shown in the image.
- Etiology: When a prepuce is forcibly retracted over the glans penis, it may get stuck behind the glans. This condition is k/a paraphimosis.
- Paraphimosis may be produced when during catheterization the prepuce is forcibly retracted over gland penis.
- Pathology →
This constricting band of phimotic prepuce causes obstruction to the venous flow, which lead to edema and congestion of the glans.
The glans swells leading to more difficulty in retracting back the prepuce.
In neglected cases gangrene may result.
- Ice bags, gentle manual compression and injection of a solution of hyaluronidase in normal saline may help to reduce the swelling.
- If conservative method fails then the pt. can be t/t by circumcision*.
A dorsal slit of the prepuce under local anaesthetic may be enough in an emergency
- It is uncommon for the urethra to be compressed, so the micturition is normally not affected.