12 Identify the picture
A. Herpes zoster pic
B. Small pox
C. Chicken pox
D. Atopic dermatitis
Answer: A. Herpes zoster pic
- Shingles, also known as herpes zoster, is a viral disease characterized by a painful skin rash with blisters in a localized area.
- Shingles is due to a reactivation of varicella zoster virus (VZV) within a person’s body.
- The disease chickenpox is caused by the initial infection with VZV.
- Once chickenpox has resolved, the virus may remain inactive in nerve cells.
- When it reactivates, it travels from the nerve body to the endings in the skin, producing blisters.Risk factors for reactivation include old age, poor immune function.