A 7 months pregnant lady with diabetes mellitus comes with the following lesions all over the body, mainly on the trunk. Which of these drugs can be appropriately used in the treatment?
Ans: B. Cyclosporine
(Ref. Roxburghs 18/e p148-150; Harrison 19/e 1)348, 18/e p399; Fitzpatrick 7/e p192, 959-960)
- Case of pustular psoriasis of pregnancy.
- Among the given drugs, only cyclosporine is used in pregnancy.
- Pustular Psoriasis of Pregnancy (Impetigo Herpetiformis) –
- Mainstay of therapy during pregnancy – Systemic steroids.
- Cyclosporine – Used to treat cases refractory to high-dose systemic steroid.