After a laparotomy, a woman presents with burst abdomen. After treating the infection, the surgeon decides for resuturing. Which of the following suture material should he used?
(Ref Bailey 27/e p90, 26/e p37-38. 25/e p236-39)
- For abdominal wall closure with evidence of injection, monofilament non-absorbable sutures (Prolene or Ethilon) should be used.
- Consist of single strand of fiber
- Sutures are smooth & strong.
- Chances of bacterial contamination is less.
- Knot tied may become loose.
- Prolene, polyamide (Ethilon), catgut.