The following is the representation of a cervical vertebra. Which part lies in relation with the third part of vertebral artery?
Answer- C. C
- Third part of vertebral artery, which passes over the posterior aspect of atlas vertebra is represented by ‘C’.
- A Transverse foramen
- B Anterior arch and articular facet for dens
- c Groove for vertebral artery
- D Articular surface for occipital condyle
- Vertebral artery ascends in the neck through foramina in the transverse processes of upper six cervical vertebrae.
- It passes medially above the posterior arch of atlas & then ascends through foramen magnum into skull.
- On reaching the anterior surface of medulla oblongata of brain at the level of lower border of pons, it joins the vessel of the opposite side to form the basilar artery.