The following pelvic X-ray was seen in a patient. All the following signs will be present except:
Ans: D. Gaenslen’s
(Ref: Apley’s 9Ie p499)
- The given X-ray is showing features of Developmental dysplasia of Hip.
- Used to detect musculoskeletal abnormalities and primary-chronic inflammation of the lumbar vertebrae and sacroiliac joint.
- Tests for spondyloarthritis, sciatica, or other forms of rheumatism.”
- In early neonatal period due to the widespread adoption of clinical examination (including Ortolani’s test, Barlow maneuvers, Galeazzi’s sign).
- Diagnosis confirmed with ultrasound.