Order of least Margin of error in the graph given below is ?
Ans: A. 3>2>l
Ref Biostatistics Principles and Prsctice by B. Antonisamy and Mc graw hill publication, pg. 44-45
- Given image shows three normal distribution curve of different sample size.
- All three curves have same mean but different standard deviation.
- As the sample size is decreasing, flatness of curve increasing and peak of curve diminishing which signifies wider confidence interval for given mean.
- Narrower the base of curve, lesser the margin of error will be.
- ln given question, curve I has least margin of error followed by curve 2 and curve 3 shows highest margin of error.
- Hence correct answer is 3>2>1.