A. The enzyme that attaches an amino acid to a tRNA is aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase
B. Although composed of a single strand of RNA, each molecule contains several short, double-helical regions
C. The amino acid attachment is always to 3′ end of the molecule.
D. There is at least one tRNA for each of the 2 amino acids
Answer-D. There is at least one tRNA for each of the 2 amino acids
* There is at least one tRNA for each of the 2 amino acids RNA which transfer amino acid from the cytoplasm to the ribosomal protein synthesizing machinery
* Clover leaf shape in the secondary structure.
* L-shaped tertiary structure, Single tRNA contains 74-95 nucleotides.
* Cytoplasmic translation system Possess 31 tRNA species
* Mitochondrial system Possess 22 tRNAs’
Contain significant proportion of nucleosides with unusual bases.
* Dihydro uridine (contain Dihydrouracil)
* Inosine (contain Hypoxanthine)