Calcific degeneration / Band shaped keratopathy
Calcific degeneration (Band shaped keratopathy)
- Deposition of calcium salts in Bowman’s membrane, most superficial parts of stroma and deeper layers of epithelium
- In children, band keratopathy may be the presenting sign of chronic uveitis as a result of juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
- Chronic iridocyclitis in adults
- Chronic uveitis like JRA
- Children with Still’s disease
- Phthisis bulbi
- Chronic glaucoma
- Chronic interstitial keratitis
- Ocular trauma
- Secondary to elevated serum
- calcium and phosphate
- Vitamin D toxicity
- Chronic renal failure
- Metastatic bone disease
- Band shaped keratopathy seen in JRA.
- Band shaped keratopathy is caused by Calcium.
- Sarcoidosis is associated with Band shaped keratopathy.
Don’t Forget to Solve all the previous Year Question asked on Calcific degeneration / Band shaped keratopathy