Degradation of Purine Nucleotides
CATABOLISM OF PURINE NUCLEOTIDES
- Human catabolises purine to uric acid.
- In higher primates, Allantoin by enzyme uricase is the end product.
- Adenine nucleotides catabolism- liver, heart muscle, Skeletal muscle, GIT mucosa.
- Guanine nucleotides catabolism- liver, spleen, kidney, pancreas, GIT mucosa.
- First metabolic product of purines is Xanthine.
- Human catabolise purines (adenine and guanine) to uric acid.
- First metabolic product of purines is xanthine.
- In non primate mammals, uric acid is converted to water soluble allantion by enzyme uricase.
- The end product of purine catablism is uric acid, which is excreted.
Don’t Forget to Solve all the previous Year Question asked on Degradation of Purine Nucleotides