Degradation of Pyrimidine Nucleotides
CATABOLISM OF PYRIMIDINE NUCLEOTIDES
- Cytosine and Uracil to Beta Alanine — CO2, NH3
- Thymine and β- aminoisobutyrate — CO2, NH3
- The end products are highly water soluble.
- The end products of pyrimidine catabolism are highly water soluble. E.g. CO2, NH3, β- aminoisobutyrate, beta alanine.
- Pseudouridine is excreted unchanged as it cannot be catabolized in human.
- Humans have no enzyme that can catabolise pseudouridine derived from degradation of t-RNA.
- There is no energy generated in pyrimidine catabolism.
- The end products of pyrimidine catabolism is CO2 and H2O.
Don’t Forget to Solve all the previous Year Question asked on Degradation of Pyrimidine Nucleotides