- Elimination of already absorbed poison from circulation can be done by Forced diuresis.
- Diuresis and ion trapping via alteration of urinary pH may prevent the renal reabsorption of poisons that undergo excretion by glomerular filtration and active tubular secretion.
It is of two types:
Alkaline diuresis :
- Poisons which are trapped and excreted in alkaline urine are barbiturates (phenobarbitone) chlorpropamide, diffunisol, sulfonamides and salicylates.
- It is done for amphetamines, cocaine, strychnine, phencyclidine,quinidine, quinine, chloroquine, TCA and tocainide.
- It is useful for for alcohol, thallium, bromide, lithium, fluoride, chromium, potassium and isoniazide.
Don’t Forget to Solve all the previous Year Question asked on Forced diuresis