SALVAGE PATHWAY OF PURINE NUCLEOTIDES
SALVAGE PATHWAY OF PURINE NUCLEOTIDES SYNTHESIS
- Free purine bases and nucleosides are formed in the cell during the metabolic degradation of nucleic acids and nucleotides and then they are reused in the formation of purine nucleotides called as Salvage pathway.
- Less energy consuming pathway.
- It occurs in tissues like RBCs and brain.
- Salvage Pathway Reactions-
- Two main enzymes of salvage pathway are-
- Adenine phosphoribosyl transferase
- Hypoxanthine Guanine phosphoribosyl Transferase (HGPRTase)
- Hypoxanthine to IMP by Hypoxanthine Guanine phosphoribosyl Transferase (HGPRTase)
- Adenine to AMP by Adenine phosphoribosyl transferase
- The end product of all purine metabolism is uric acid.
Don’t Forget to Solve all the previous Year Question asked on SALVAGE PATHWAY OF PURINE NUCLEOTIDES