Procedure shown in photograph is done by using?
The procedure shown in photograph above represents Corneal tattooing.
- It is the practice of tattooing the cornea of the human eye.
- The leading reason for corneal tattooing is to alter the appearance of the eye cosmetically.
- Corneal opacities(caused by leucoma, keratitis or cataracts) are the leading reason for undergoing cosmetic tattooing.
- Occasionally, corneal tattooing is performed when it might improve eyesight.
- Indications for treatment include albinism, aniridia, coloboma, iridodialysis, keratoconus, or diffused nebulae of the cornea.
- Corneal tattooing is also performed on patients who still have vision to reduce symptomatic glare associated with large iridectomies or traumatic iris loss.
- Dye used:
- Indian ink is the most commonly used.
- Two different methods exist: chemical dyeing with gold or platinum chloride and carbon impregnation.