What is the following type of data description called?
Stem and leaf diagram
Box whisker plot
Ans: A. Stem and leaf diagram
Stem and Leaf Plot:
- A special table where each data value is split into a ‘stem’ (the first digit or digits) and a ‘leaf’ (usually the last digit).
- Device for presenting quantitative data in a graphical format, similar to a histogram, to assist in visualizing the shape of a distribution.
- Contains two columns separated by a vertical line.
- The left column contains the stems.
- The right column contains the leaves.