The below picture indicates the life cycle of:
Ans. C. Nipah virus
- Nipah virus infection, also known as Nipah virus encephalitis, was first isolated and described in 1999. The name Nipah is derived from the village in Malaysia where the person from whom the viruses first isolated succumbed to the disease.
- Zoonotic disease
- Large fruit bats (flying foxes) are the natural reservoirs of the Nipah virus.
Mode of transmission
- Pig to human
- Bat to human
- Human to human
- Consumption of bat bitten fruits
- Pigs – amplifying hosts and intermediate hosts.
- Incubation period: 4-14 days