A. DNA Replication
B. Degradation of Proteins
C. Maturation of Synthesized Protein
D. Electron Transport Chain
Ans:D. Electron Transport Chain.
This organelle is Mitrochondria.
Organelle with their Functions:
- Nucleus :DNA replication, transcription
- Endoplasmic reticulum Biosynthesis of proteins, glycoproteins, lipoproteins, drug metabolism, ethanol oxidation, synthesis of cholesterol (partial)
- Golgi body : Maturation of synthesized protein
- Lysosome :Degradation of proteins, carbohydrates, lipids and nucleotides
- Mitochondria : Electron transport chain, ATP generation,TCA cycle, beta oxidation of fatty acids, ketone body production, urea synthesis(part), heme synthesis (part), gluconeo-genesis (part), pyrimidine synthesis (part)
- Cytosol : Protein synthesis, glycolysis, glycogen metabolism, HMP shunt pathway, transaminations, fatty acid synthesis, cholesterol synthesis, heme synthesis(part), urea synthesis (part), pyrimidine synthesis (part), purine synthesis