C. Vesicle transport.
The process of vesicular transport as shown in the picture represents Exocytosis.
- Exocytosis – Process by which a cell transports secretory products through the cytoplasm to the plasma membrane.
- Secretory products are packaged into transport vesicles (membrane-bound spheres).
- Simple terms, “Extrusion of cell-bound vesicles” / “Expulsion of cell contents”
- The inner membrane of vesicle fuses with outer plasma membrane
- Simultaneously, the cytoplasmic side of vesicle fuses with cytoplasmic side of plasma.
- Thus expelling contents.
- Secretion from the cell occurs via two pathway,