In the picture shown below, number of bullet/bullets coming out of the gun is/are ?
The image shown is of a Tandem Bullet
- A bullet is a projectile expelled from the barrel of a firearm.
- Tandem Bullet(or piggyback bullet (tandem= one behind the other).
- A pair of bullets are said to travel in tandem if the nose of one is in contact with the base of the other.
- This phenomenon is observed when the first bullet, having been stuck in the barrel, fails to leave the barrel, and is ejected by the subsequently fired bullet.
- If the tandem bullets hit the target before separation, a single hole of entry is seen. But if the bullets separate before they hit the target two entry holes on the same or on different targets may be observed.
- Other types of Bullet:
- Frangible bullets: there bullets are designed to fragment upon impact. often to the point of disintegration. Recovery and matching with a test bullet is difficult.
- Souvenir bullets: a bullet present for a long time in the body leading to dense fibrous tissue formation around it.
- Dum-dum bullet: is a jacketed bullet with its nose cut-off to expose the core.
Ricochet bullet: its a single bullet which strikes some intervening object first and then after ricocheting and rebounding strikes the target.
- Yawning bullet: bullet travelling in an irregular fashion instead of travelling nose on.