Diagnose the condition of oral cavity as shown in the photograph below ?
B. Tonsillar cyst.
C. Peritonsillar abscess.
Ans:B. Tonsillar cyst.
- It is a retention cyst in the epithelial lining of tonsil.
- Presents as glistening, smooth white or yellowish sessile masses.
- It may lead to foreign body sensation in the throat.
- Tends to recur if merely punctured.
- Usually assurance is all that is required.
- In some cases,in case of large cysts leading to symptoms like chronic throat pain,Tonsillectomy may be required.