A sexually active male presented with warts on his penis as shown below. Which of these strains of HPV is most commonly the cause of these lesions?
A. HPV 1,2 and 3
B. HPV 3, 5
C. HPV 6 and 11
D. HPV 16 and 18
Ans: C. HPV 6 and 11
(Ref Harrison 19/e p1198, 351),
- Image is anogenital warts on penis.
- Caused by HPV 6 & 11.
- Surface is either smooth or rough.
Penile genital warts:
- Usually 2-5 mm in diameter & often occur in groups.
- 2nd type of penile lesion, keratotic plaques, is slightly raised above the normal epithelium and has a rough, often pigmented surface.
- Vulvar warts are soft, whitish papules that either are sessile or have multiple fine,.finger-like projections