A. Mitochondrial inheritance
B. Y linked inheritance
C. X linked recessive inheritance
D. Autosomal recessive inheritance
Ans:A. Mitochondrial inheritance.
- There is a 100% chance of all offspring developing the phenotype by inheriting the gene from an affected female parent.
- Only females will transmit the phenotype (ie, there is no male transmission of the disease).
- Males and females are equally affected by the disease.
ORGAN-BASED MITOCHONDRIAL DISEASES
- Leber hereditary optic neuropathy
- Mitochondrial myopathies (MERRF, MELAS)